In The News
- Will Markets Keep Going Up In 2020?
With the recent outbreak of Covid-19, I can not give you a professional opinion on the Stock Market performance for 2020 at this time.
- 401k / IRA / Roth IRA Contribution Limits for 2020
If you are under the age of 50, max contribution is $6,000 & if over 50 it's $7,000 for your IRA & Roth IRA. Your 401k limit is $19,500 if under 50, $26,000 if over 50 years old.
- How Much Should I Pay my Financial Advisor or Portfolio Manager?
The fees you will pay a Financial Advisor generally depend on how much money you are asking the Advisor to manage & whether part of those investment dollars include your 401K. Try to avoid dealing with Financial Sales People who only want to charge you commissions or are only selling their company products.
- Will Markets Keep Going Up In 2020?
WEATHERLas Vegas101°clear skyhumidity: 3%wind: 18mph SWH 97 • L 91105°Thu108°Fri108°Sat109°SunWeather from OpenWeatherMap
Market Sell-Off Will Turn Into Buying Opportunity by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager
With current market conditions it hardly seems like a good idea to be putting money into the market, however, these uncertain times will most likely not last for several years. Right now there are more questions unanswered than we have answers for, therefore, unless you are dollar cost averaging into stocks at a slow pace, it may be better to wait until the knife has stopped falling. This can mean business closures and travel restrictions stop being extended, then wait until restrictions are being lifted and we start to see signs of a recovery as a guide when to start buying small quantities of stock.
An example of this strategy, look at what is happening in China right now, stores like Starbucks are re-opening, even in Wuhan where this virus is to believed to have started, and manufacturing plants are starting back up.
If your portfolio allows for risk investments, now is a good time to see how high quality stocks performed when the market hit a recent low, and be prepared to buy slowly into those quality stocks. When stocks are low people often are scared to buy, however, that is how you make money in the Stock Market, BUY LOW & SELL HIGH. Too many people feel more comfortable buying stocks when the market is high, then hoping the market goes higher. After buying stocks high, then people have a tendency to get scared and sell when the market is low. That is a fools game.
In my entire career of managing money, which dates back to 1996 when I started working at Merrill Lynch, I have watched investors repeatedly buy high and sell low, and they wonder why they can never make money investing in the Stock Market.
If you have any questions or would like a portfolio review, please contact me and I would be glad to try and help you during these challenging times.
Please contact me on my toll free number 855-546-9443.
Have a blessed day,
James R. Wigen
Past performance does not guarantee Future results, therefore, understand investing in the Stock Market can cause you to lose money. Please take the proper risk for your current situation and get the advice from a financial professional who clearly understands your current and future goals and objectives.
- Time To Reduce Stock Exposure by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager June 23, 2020
- Market Sell-Off Will Turn Into Buying Opportunity by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager April 1, 2020
- Investors SELL Stocks / BUY Bonds at Fastest Pace on Record in August – James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager September 6, 2019
- Time to REDUCE? 2019 Market Update by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager March 28, 2019
- 2019 Stock Market Prediction by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager January 7, 2019
- Urban China’s Mainstream Class Continues to Thrive by James R. Wigen December 18, 2018
- Markets on Pace for WORST December Since GREAT Depression by James R. Wigen December 18, 2018
- Markets RISE After Midterm Elections – As I Had Predicted by James R. Wigen November 12, 2018
- Look For Trade War Agreement Soon Between US & China by James R. Wigen November 6, 2018
- 54% Equity ETFs Posted LOSSES Over Past Year by James R. Wigen November 2, 2018
Receive 40-page Financial Plan
from Wigen Financial