In The News
- Will Markets Keep Going Up In 2020?
With the recent outbreak of Covid-19, I can not give you a professional opinion on the Stock Market performance for 2020 at this time.
- 401k / IRA / Roth IRA Contribution Limits for 2020
If you are under the age of 50, max contribution is $6,000 & if over 50 it's $7,000 for your IRA & Roth IRA. Your 401k limit is $19,500 if under 50, $26,000 if over 50 years old.
- How Much Should I Pay my Financial Advisor or Portfolio Manager?
The fees you will pay a Financial Advisor generally depend on how much money you are asking the Advisor to manage & whether part of those investment dollars include your 401K. Try to avoid dealing with Financial Sales People who only want to charge you commissions or are only selling their company products.
- Will Markets Keep Going Up In 2020?
WEATHERLas Vegas91°clear skyhumidity: 6%wind: 8mph SWH 86 • L 82107°Sun108°Mon105°Tue104°WedWeather from OpenWeatherMap
About James Wigen
In May 2005, James founded Wigen Financial Services, LLC. His primary focus is on private portfolio management, financial & retirement planning, financial advisory, insurance & credit services. Currently investment advisory services offered through Independent Financial Partners, IFP, a Registered Investment Advisor. Wigen Financial Services, LLC, is not owned or controlled by IFP.
Wigen Financial Services LLC, offers Custodial Services at firms including Fidelity Investments, Charles Schwab & TD Ameritrade for client assets.
James manages investment portfolios & advises individuals, small to mid-size companies, and non-profit organizations on a variety of financial and business issues.
Prior to being the founder of Wigen Financial Services, LLC, James worked as a Portfolio Manager & Financial Advisor for two international investment firms.
1996 to 2000 – James was working with Merrill Lynch:
2000 to 2005 – James worked with Prudential Securities (later merged with Wachovia Securities in 2005, now Wells Fargo Financial Advisors after Wachovia Corporation closed during Credit Crises in 2008).
While working with both Prudential Securities / Wachovia Securities & Merrill Lynch, James enjoyed dual responsibilities as a Financial Advisor and leader of the Professional Development Program.
James responsibilities as leader of the Professional Development Program included, recruiting, interviewing, training, and overseeing the daily operations of all financial advisors involved in the Professional Development Program. James was responsible for managing between 10-20 advisors, while still managing his own client investment accounts.
James recently hosted a National Syndicated Radio Show called, “The James Wigen Show”.
In addition to his experience in the financial services and insurance area, James Philanthropic work includes Private Foundations and Non-Profit organizations. James has taught non-credit investment / retirement planning classes through continuing education and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute or OLLI, at universities and community colleges in AZ, CA, FL, MN & TX starting in 1998. Currently, he is offering new classes in AZ & CA.
James attended the University of Minnesota where his focus was Management & Marketing.
- Time To Reduce Stock Exposure by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager June 23, 2020
- Market Sell-Off Will Turn Into Buying Opportunity by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager April 1, 2020
- Investors SELL Stocks / BUY Bonds at Fastest Pace on Record in August – James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager September 6, 2019
- Time to REDUCE? 2019 Market Update by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager March 28, 2019
- 2019 Stock Market Prediction by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager January 7, 2019
- Urban China’s Mainstream Class Continues to Thrive by James R. Wigen December 18, 2018
- Markets on Pace for WORST December Since GREAT Depression by James R. Wigen December 18, 2018
- Markets RISE After Midterm Elections – As I Had Predicted by James R. Wigen November 12, 2018
- Look For Trade War Agreement Soon Between US & China by James R. Wigen November 6, 2018
- 54% Equity ETFs Posted LOSSES Over Past Year by James R. Wigen November 2, 2018
Receive 40-page Financial Plan
from Wigen Financial