In The News
- Will Markets Keep Going Up In 2020?
With the recent outbreak of Covid-19, I can not give you a professional opinion on the Stock Market performance for 2020 at this time.
- 401k / IRA / Roth IRA Contribution Limits for 2020
If you are under the age of 50, max contribution is $6,000 & if over 50 it's $7,000 for your IRA & Roth IRA. Your 401k limit is $19,500 if under 50, $26,000 if over 50 years old.
- How Much Should I Pay my Financial Advisor or Portfolio Manager?
The fees you will pay a Financial Advisor generally depend on how much money you are asking the Advisor to manage & whether part of those investment dollars include your 401K. Try to avoid dealing with Financial Sales People who only want to charge you commissions or are only selling their company products.
- Will Markets Keep Going Up In 2020?
WEATHERLas Vegas94°clear skyhumidity: 8%wind: 10mph SWH 88 • L 82107°Sun108°Mon105°Tue104°WedWeather from OpenWeatherMap
Time to REDUCE? 2019 Market Update by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager
Last week we heard the Federal Reserve Chairman say their next move on the Fed Funds Rate could be to LOWER vs an INCREASE which was expected for 2019. In addition last week, we saw another Inverted Yield Curve, which has been successful in the past forecasting a Recession is coming.
If you consider the news last week, and the China Trade War may be coming to a end, however, Trump already said even after an agreement has been made Tariffs will be kept in place to make sure China is living up to the final agreements, I would say the Stock Market is about done with any meaningful growth, and most likely, will decline. Once the U.S. & China have announced an agreement, we could see a slight Increase in the Stock Market, however, it will be short lived as earnings season is coming, and I believe we will hear decent news from corporations but lower future expectations.
If you believe the Stock Market is close to declining, which very well could be substantial declines, it’s time to:
- Start removing Equity Growth exposure
- Increase Cash, in your brokerage account you will earn close to 2.25% currently
- Keep 401k contributions in Conservative Stable Fund or Money Fund, look for stable Dividend Yields, you want the benefit of pre-tax contributions to continue,
- Use Selling Covered Call Option strategy to generate income from your stocks, if your portfolio needs income
Being SHORT the Indexes mean as they Decline, you MAKE money.
Make sure you check with me or your current Financial Advisor to make sure these strategies are right for you.
The Federal Reserve, Central Banks & Trump’s pro growth policies have been GREAT for the Stock Market the past 10 years, however, in my opinion, those days are coming to an end.
If you have any questions or want me to help with your investments, please contact me, [email protected] or 1-855-546-9443.
- Time To Reduce Stock Exposure by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager June 23, 2020
- Market Sell-Off Will Turn Into Buying Opportunity by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager April 1, 2020
- Investors SELL Stocks / BUY Bonds at Fastest Pace on Record in August – James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager September 6, 2019
- Time to REDUCE? 2019 Market Update by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager March 28, 2019
- 2019 Stock Market Prediction by James R. Wigen – Sr. Portfolio Manager January 7, 2019
- Urban China’s Mainstream Class Continues to Thrive by James R. Wigen December 18, 2018
- Markets on Pace for WORST December Since GREAT Depression by James R. Wigen December 18, 2018
- Markets RISE After Midterm Elections – As I Had Predicted by James R. Wigen November 12, 2018
- Look For Trade War Agreement Soon Between US & China by James R. Wigen November 6, 2018
- 54% Equity ETFs Posted LOSSES Over Past Year by James R. Wigen November 2, 2018
Receive 40-page Financial Plan
from Wigen Financial