In The News
- Will Markets Keep Going Up In 2018?
With today's economy & past policies from President Trump, tax cuts specifically, I believe 2018 will be a great year for the Stock Market and we should see all-time highs in the DJIA, S & P 500 & Nasdaq.
- 401k / IRA / Roth IRA Contribution Limits for 2019
If you are under the age of 50, max contribution is $6,000 & if over 50 it's $7,000 for your IRA & Roth IRA. Your 401k limit is $19,000 if under 50, $25,000 if over 50 years old.
- How Much Should I Pay my Financial Advisor or Portfolio Manager?
The fees you will pay a Financial Advisor generally depend on how much money you are asking the Advisor to manage & whether part of those investment dollars include your 401K. Try to avoid dealing with Financial Sales People who only want to charge you commissions or are only selling their company products.
- Will Markets Keep Going Up In 2018?
WEATHERMiami84°light intensity drizzlehumidity: 78%wind: 9mph ENEH 82 • L 8088°Wed89°Thu88°Fri90°SatWeather from OpenWeatherMap
Ever Hear “Don’t Fight The Fed”? Remember, It’s True When Fed Funds Rate Rises & Falls? by James R. Wigen
Throughout my 22 year career as a Portfolio Manager & Financial Advisor, I have heard a million times “Don’t Fight the Fed”. When they are raising the Federal Funds rate, eventually economy will slow, thus causing Stock Market to drop. When the Fed cuts rates, eventually the economy will grow, thus causing Stock Market to rise. What time frame either of those events takes place is the million dollar question.
Over the past several years we have seen the Fed cut rates & institute Quantitative Easing to stimulate the economy, and it worked, both the Stock Market and economy have risen substantially since the last Financial Crisis!
Everyone, other than Short Sellers, love when the Stock Market goes up. Since Quantitative Easing was a big factor to the market going up, now the Fed has started Quantitative Tightening, therefore, it would be in your best interest to start warming up to reducing your equity exposure. How much equity exposure you should reduce will depend on your age, and what annual return or income you need from your investments.
So in summary, “Don’t Fight The Fed” when they started Quantitative Easing & Federal Fund rate cuts, economy and investors greatly benefited. However, now the tables have turned and the Fed has started Quantitative Tightening and raising the Federal Funds rate. What does this mean, you got it, the Stock Market will decline and the economy will slow. When that happens, and how much the economy slows, only time will tell. You best have a plan or talk with your Financial Advisor about your plan.
If you are a Baby Boomer, remember, you may be for the first time in your life at a point where when the Stock Market drops you are also taking out money, unlike in previous declines, where you may have been buying more stocks as the market declined as part of your Dollar Cost Average philosophy.
If you need help with a plan or want a second opinion on your investments, please contact me today!
- Wigen Financial Stock Data...
- 2019 Market Update by James R. Wigen – Time to REDUCE March 28, 2019
- Cannabis Stocks & Your Portfolio by James R. Wigen February 21, 2019
- 2019 Stock Market Prediction by James R. Wigen January 7, 2019
- Urban China’s Mainstream Class Continues to Thrive by James R. Wigen December 18, 2018
- Markets on Pace for WORST December Since GREAT Depression by James R. Wigen December 18, 2018
- Markets RISE After Midterm Elections – As I Had Predicted by James R. Wigen November 12, 2018
- Look For Trade War Agreement Soon Between US & China by James R. Wigen November 6, 2018
- 54% Equity ETFs Posted LOSSES Over Past Year by James R. Wigen November 2, 2018
- 2018 Stock Market Update & Outlook by James R. Wigen October 30, 2018
- Ever Hear “Don’t Fight The Fed”? Remember, It’s True When Fed Funds Rate Rises & Falls? by James R. Wigen October 4, 2018
Receive 40-page Financial Plan
from Wigen Financial