In The News
- Will Markets Keep Going Up In 2018?
With today's economy & past policies from President Trump, tax cuts specifically, I believe 2018 will be a great year for the Stock Market and we should see all-time highs in the DJIA, S & P 500 & Nasdaq.
- 401k / IRA / Roth IRA Contribution Limits for 2019
If you are under the age of 50, max contribution is $6,000 & if over 50 it's $7,000 for your IRA & Roth IRA. Your 401k limit is $19,000 if under 50, $25,000 if over 50 years old.
- How Much Should I Pay my Financial Advisor or Portfolio Manager?
The fees you will pay a Financial Advisor generally depend on how much money you are asking the Advisor to manage & whether part of those investment dollars include your 401K. Try to avoid dealing with Financial Sales People who only want to charge you commissions or are only selling their company products.
- Will Markets Keep Going Up In 2018?
WEATHERMiami84°scattered cloudshumidity: 79%wind: 5mph NEH 90 • L 8892°Wed92°Thu91°Fri89°SatWeather from OpenWeatherMap
Posts from: Blog
Last month, the disparity between equity fund outflows and bond fund inflows was the largest on record, according to Trim Tabs, which tracks these data going back to 2006. According to Trim Tabs data, equity exchange-traded funds and mutual funds saw... (more...)
Last week we heard the Federal Reserve Chairman say their next move on the Fed Funds Rate could be to LOWER vs an INCREASE which was expected for 2019. In addition last week, we saw another Inverted Yield Curve, which has been successful in the past... (more...)
Whether you agree with recreational cannabis use or not, as a investor, you should strongly consider having exposure to it through buying high quality publicly traded Cannabis stocks in your portfolio, however, your investment risk profile must allow... (more...)
For 2019 we should see a huge recovery from December lows with certain stocks, however, we may not see that huge gain from the overall market. The Trade War with China is a huge part of what the market will do for 2019, and right now they are... (more...)
Back in 2005 only 2% of Urban Chinese households were part of this emerging mainstream class, earning around $16,000-$35,000 per year. In 2016, that percentage had exploded to 43%, and by 2025, experts expects it to be at 66% of Urban households. Read More →
Ten WORST Dow Jones Industrial Average December Returns Date Dow % Change 31-Dec-1931 -17.01 As of 12-17-2018 -7.60 31-Dec-2002 ... (more...)
As I previously predicted in a recent post, the Stock Market Declined from Early October, heading into the Midterm Elections. Then as I predicted, once the Midterm Elections were over, the Stock Market Increased the highest percentage since 1982 Midterm... (more...)
It is my opinion that we will hear the outline of a deal between the US & China, ending the Trade War in the next few weeks. I think the US & China will agree to faze in Tariffs on trade over the course of many years into the future. This... (more...)
Bloomberg news reported today that 54% of Equity ETFs posted losses over the past year! A reminder that all investments can pose a risk or experience negative returns for investors. Just because you are diversified in Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds,... (more...)
A message to all investors from a Portfolio Manager since 1996! With all of this market volatility, sometimes not doing anything is the best play. There are a lot of issues right now with Elections, Trade Wars, 10yr Bond Yields rising and Federal... (more...)
- Wigen Financial Stock Data...
- Investors SELL Stocks / BUY Bonds at Fastest Pace on Record in August – James R. Wigen September 6, 2019
- 2019 Market Update by James R. Wigen – Time to REDUCE March 28, 2019
- Cannabis Stocks & Your Portfolio by James R. Wigen February 21, 2019
- 2019 Stock Market Prediction by James R. Wigen January 7, 2019
- Urban China’s Mainstream Class Continues to Thrive by James R. Wigen December 18, 2018
- Markets on Pace for WORST December Since GREAT Depression by James R. Wigen December 18, 2018
- Markets RISE After Midterm Elections – As I Had Predicted by James R. Wigen November 12, 2018
- Look For Trade War Agreement Soon Between US & China by James R. Wigen November 6, 2018
- 54% Equity ETFs Posted LOSSES Over Past Year by James R. Wigen November 2, 2018
- 2018 Stock Market Update & Outlook by James R. Wigen October 30, 2018
Receive 40-page Financial Plan
from Wigen Financial